Raw Zucchini Pasta with Creamy Avocado-Cucumber Sauce from One Green Planet
May 9, 2013
Raw pasta dishes will leave you feeling so refreshed and at your best; they are perfect for the warm summer months.
Feel free to omit the cucumber in this recipe and add an extra avocado if you like for variations (you may like to add a couple tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil if you do). You can even add some arugula to the puree instead of using basil. Lots of ways to change it up and keep it fresh!
You could also put this sauce on any pasta of choice. But zucchini noodles is a great way to eat it...hands down...so refreshing and perfect!
RAW ZUCCHINI PASTA WITH CREAMY AVOCADO-CUCUMBER SAUCE
THIS RECIPE IS :
Dairy Free Raw Soy Free Vegan
- 1 large zucchini (1 per person)
- grape, cherry or mini heirloom tomatoes, halved
- jalapeno, thinly sliced and seeds removed (optional)
- pea shoots (optional)
- zest of one meyer lemon or regular lemon
- 1 medium avocado
- 1 cucumber, peeled and sliced thick
- a few large leaves of basil (optional)
- 1 meyer lemon or regular lemon, juice of
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper or black pepper to taste
- salt to taste
- Prepare your zucchini noodles julienne style or spiralized. Or alternately, cook your pasta of choice, about 8 ounces.
- For the puree, place all ingredients into a food processor/blender and process until creamy.
- Taste for flavor adding anything extra you might like.
- Toss zucchini pasta with avocado-cucumber puree and a handful of arugula.
- Serve with tomatoes, peas shoots, jalapenos, lemon zest, lemon wedges and fresh cracked pepper.